General Guidelines for Visits:
Aventa encourages visits with friends and family members, in order to support families to re-build relationships with loved ones and promote positive relationships.
Please Note that no visits are permitted during the Client’s first week of treatment and all visits are scheduled by appointment only. In order to maintain the confidentiality of our Clients, we cannot confirm or deny that a Client is at Aventa; Clients must initiate any request for visits, this cannot be done by the family member or friend.
In order to ensure that you, other Visitors and our Clients have a safe and enjoyable visiting experience, we ask the following:
- Please enter at the front of the building and press the buzzer for access to the building.
- For the privacy and confidentiality of all Visitors and Clients, Clients and Visitors are to remain in the assigned visiting room/area for the entire visit time. The courtyard is not open to Visitors and tours of the building are not permitted during this time.
- Aventa uses surveillance cameras for the safety of Staff, Clients and Visitors, to reduce crime and to supervise Clients. This includes ensuring Visitors are not providing drugs, alcohol or contraband to Clients, which will result in the Client being discharged from Aventa’s programs.
- Visitors must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the visit and may be asked to leave if it is believed they are. Inappropriate/rude/aggressive behavior may also result in Visitors being asked to leave. The direction of Staff must be followed at all times.
- Food and beverages cannot be brought into the building or consumed in during visits.
- All gifts and essential items brought for Clients must be given to the Aventa Addiction Counsellor upon arrival, and the Client will receive these after the visit.
- Smoking and playing cards are not allowed during visiting hours.
- Please arrive on time and leave on time. Arriving early will result in the Visitor having to wait outside until the scheduled visit time. Arriving late will result in a shortened visit as all visits end at the scheduled time.